Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fun Frugal Finds

Many of you know that I am a compulsive bargain shopper, I honestly love to sniff out a good steal and frankly it is what allows me to splurge on other necessities like designer shoes and handbags groceries and housewares. Scoring a good deal is what I can only assume a gambling high feels like (so I have heard, anyway).  There once was a time when I could easily shave 50% off of my grocery bill with couponing, but frankly the amount of time it took to sort, snip and organize coupons in addition to planning my shopping trips just became too time consuming (and severely cut into my reality TV time) so I have instead opted for “selective” couponing.
However, that certainly didn't mean that I gave up all deal-hunting. I love to consult the multitudes of bargain shopping blogs, but my favorite is The Krazy Coupon Lady, ironically one of the authors of this blog is named Heather Wheeler!  I use tips from this and other sites to land fun freebies like photobooks, magazines, custom mugs and loads of personal care items. We are still working through our stockpile of toothpaste, deodorant and body wash that I landed for FREE almost 2 years ago!  I often share as many of these great deals as I can on my Twitter and Facebook site, but I thought it would be fun to start posting “Deals of the Day” for all of my friends to take advantage of.  With the Holidays approaching I am sure that everyone could benefit from a fun frugal find!  Therefore, throughout the weeks between now and the Holidays I will try and post at least one “Heather's Frugal Gift Tip” per week to help guide you to a thrifty Holiday Season.

Heather's Frugal Gift Tip #1:
Magazine subscriptions make a great gift during the holiday season.  I frequently give them as gifts and I usually only have to spend $4.50 - $5.00 for a one-year subscription as I keep my eye out for deals on the Bargain Blog sites and Amazon. I usually make up a special gift card to present to the recipient of the gift so when the magazine arrives on their door step each month they know who the "thoughtful" gift-giver is. What I love about this idea is that it truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Deals of the Day:
Some great deals I found today are:
Crystal Stud 2 Carat Earrings, Only $0.99 on Amazon! - I think that these would be perfect for a second piercing or a little girl.  When you are only spending $0.99 losing one doesn't sting too bad!
Personalize a Free Trick-or-Treat Bag—Just Pay Shipping! - A cute idea for your little trick-or-treaters.  A personalized bag with your child's image for their annual Halloween begging Trick-or-Treating festivities. 
I hope that you find some of these tips as useful as I do.  Sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any of these fun frugal finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment